Mar 7, 2013

I Love My City // Powells Bookstore



My cousin Holly came over this afternoon and we hit one of our favorite spots in Portland, Powell's Bookstore. I live only a couple blocks away from Powell's yet I find I can't visit often because I always find something to buy. I forget that Powell's is not a library, instead its the countries largest bookstore.

My cousin snapped the above shot from her iphone. I look almost miniature. The bookshelves are twice as high as me. So much fun getting lost here.

Some fun facts about Powell's from their website:

  • 68,000 square feet packed with books.
  • We buy 3,000 used books over the counter every day.
  • Approximately 3,000 people walk in and buy something every day.
  • Another 3,000 people just browse and drink coffee.
  • We stock 122 major subject areas and more than 3,500 subsections.
  • You'll find more than 1,000,000 volumes on our shelves.
  • Approximately 80,000 book lovers browse the City's shelves every day in Portland and via the Internet. 
If you are ever in Portland, Oregon I urge you to stop downtown and check this place out. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Dance. Your. Heart. Out.