Feb 12, 2013

I love my City // The Gorge Edition

Can we first just talk about how pretty this is? This has nothing to do with my mediocre camera skills, or how well I photoshop... although this was two images that I stitched together, I did no other editing. Second, I would like to document why I love this city so much. I feel very grateful to live in a place I fall in love with everyday. I've decided to start sharing this love with you.



Have you ever been to the Northwest? If you have I am sure you've been blown away by the beauty but if you  have not, please, come, visit, stay a while. Make the Northwest your favorite place on the planet. It's mine. Washington(to the left) and Oregon(to the right) are separated mainly by the Columbian River which flows through The Gorge, which is short for The Gorgeous... Just kidding, I made that up. But for real... It is gorgeous. Year round.

This view is from the Vista House, a museum on the edge of a cliff. You can't tell from this photo but it was windy as shit out this day! You can lean against the wind and support yourself. I don't know why I didn't get pictures of that... of yes I do... I value my life and ran right inside away from the wind.

For the most part my memories of the Gorge are from hiking with friends, becuase there are some amazing hikes up in this place. My favorite is Mt Hamilton. Seriously go sweat your heart there. The view at the top is well worth it, or you know... just drive to the Vista House, as this view is also quite nice. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Dance. Your. Heart. Out.