Jan 21, 2013

Silent Gratitude // Karen Khounthavong


"Silent Gratitude is not much use to anyone."
G B Stern

This last fall my friend Karen gave me one of her letterpress projects. It was one of the stinkin' sweetest just because gift. The vellum envelope had the GB Stern quote letterpressed on the outside and the most sincere thank you letter written in white opaque ink on the inside... a lovely little surprise.  I'm not going to share that letter because it was a personal note from someone else.

This project, and specifically this quote, made me think about the people around me and how I don't thank them enough. And because I need to start somewhere I thought I would start with the bitches women in my life... and who better than Karen. 

Yo Girl, 

I love the way you make me laugh. You have the best sense of humor and possibly the best music selection. You have always been there to listen to me complain about stupid boys and to gossip like old ladies. I love your sense of style and am always jealous of your hair. Your belt collection is killer. I am so thankful we met in time arts in 2009, you were the cute freshman who made everyone laugh... I was the awkward 23 year old. I can't believe you're going to graduate this semester, way to make me feel like an old maid! I cherish our girl dates and I am so happy you are part of my life. I love you girl. 

xoxo 
Rachael

No comments:

Post a Comment

Dance. Your. Heart. Out.