Nov 30, 2012

Curry Chicken Noodle Soup Semi Recipe

Sandra Rachael Lee Lynn Semi Home Cooking.

First off let me complain about how I was stupid and paid $10 for a rotisserie chicken at whole foods. I thought they were $7 all the time but thats only on Mondays. I didn't realize this until it was too late and I was sick, so who cares, I was super hungry.

After I got home with said chicken I quickly called cousin Ali to complain about this. Thank you Ali for listening to all my BS. I love you. Ali has the super great idea to use the chicken for everything its worth. You know, like how men use me. NO. Joke. That was a joke. I don't let men use me! I'm a strong woman! Back to chicken.... Ali and I decided I would make my own chicken broth from the bones of this chicken and from that make chicken noodle soup. I didn't have the ingredients for such recipes and I'm a starving artist so I went with what I had. It was delicious as all hell.

Curry Chicken Noodle Soup
A semi homemade meal.

1 regular sized rotisserie chicken
1 yellow onion, chopped
8 cups water
half a package of noodles, I used Penne
2 carrots (regular not baby!)
2 red potatoes
1/2 can green beans
Curry powder
Sriracha
Salt
Pepper

Step 1. Make the broth.

Call your go to girl and complain about how expensive a chicken is. Its not like they gave their life for you or anything. (People. Jokes are not going to go out of style, get used to them.) Take all of the meat off the chicken that you can while its hot, its easier this way. Eat the legs, remember, you're hungry. Put meat aside. Add olive oil into a stock pot and add chopped onion into it. Add chicken bones and skin and then pour in about 8 cups of water, enough to cover the chicken. Add salt and pepper to taste. Boil this for about 45 minutes. Boiling for longer does not make it taste better. These are already precooked bones. Strain the stock and put it back in pot. Put in the fridge overnight so the fat rises to the top. In the morning separate the fat out.

Step 2. Make a Bbq sandwich.

You know, take some chicken, cover in bbq sauce, heat up, throw on bread. Eat. Done.

Step 3. Everything else.

Boil the noodles in water following box instructions. Don't do it in the broth, it will be too starchy. Bring broth to a boil. Meanwhile chop carrots, potatoes, and chicken and add to the broth. When this has boiled turn down stove to medium heat. Add curry powder. How much? Idk I'm not a rocket scientist. I just shook the jar until it was tasty. Probably less than a tablespoon. A little squirt of Sriracha sauce and some salt and pepper to taste. I added and then kind of regretted a can of green beans, I didnt have any fresh ones. I would tell you not to do this. Add noodles and freaking enjoy the hell out of this.


No, I don't have a picture. I just made this. Just now. But maybe tomorrow I will take a picture. Btw the soup will be chunky. Thats how I like my soup.

2 comments:

  1. i would like to order this, please.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. order in! My friend Hermes came over and she ate 2 bowls(i should mention shes like 5'2" and under a hundred pounds lol) and then I made her take some home because I cannot eat a stock pot of one thing no matter how good it is lol

      Make this! It was super easy!

      Delete

Dance. Your. Heart. Out.