Oct 25, 2012

Bad days - alcohol= fajitas


So long story short, I can't drink alcohol for the time being. I really haven't since the beginning of summer and every time I have, I've regretted it terribly. It's a gross medical thing and it's not dinner table appropriate so lets move on.

Instead of cracking opening a beer at the end of my day, I've been cooking. Last night I made shrimp ceviche(which was to die for and I ate it so fast I couldn't take a photo) and tonight I made shrimp fajitas with the leftovers. SO YUMMY. I'm quite the fan of anything that contains onions, peppers and black beans.

But man, what I wouldn't do for a damn beer right now.

6 comments:

  1. Beer smells bad anyway. Do what I do and drink grape juice out of fancy glasses and pretend to be swanky.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm one of those weirdos who loves the way hops smell lol I love drinking Martinellis(sp?) out of wine glasses!

      Delete
    2. BEER SMELLS SO DELICIOUS!! GAH! I used to want an air freshener that smelled like the beer store. hahaha!

      Delete
  2. I'm so depressed about my crap job, I can't do anything without drinking. I bought a six pack to cook with and it's half gone with no dinner. I had a pear side car Saturday, followed by a marionberry raindrop, and a lavendar martini. Sorry you can't drink right now, and I shouldn't, but...I'm gettin' another beer.

    By the way I don't eat shrimp after seeing the report on how they are raised on farms... makes me want to heave.

    Dan

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am hungry.

    I wish I could find a nice Mexican place around here. Taco bell? Nah. Tomorrow we're headed to the States for the night & I'm pumped to go to Chipotle, hahahah! (NEVER BEEN!!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha I hope you like Chipotle lol I love the lime chips but its not really authentic mexican. I hear the further north you go the worse the mexican food is. Which means... Up here in Oregon... I much be used to mediocre mexican food.

      Delete

Dance. Your. Heart. Out.