Jun 4, 2012

Custom Wedding Piece


This is my third fourth time writing this post. Forgive me for being brief at this point, I'm trying people... also, I love you. Thanks for sticking with me.

I made this custom piece for my friend Katie and Blaine's wedding shower this last weekend. The photograph is from their engagement shoot by the lovely Cat Dossett. It's an xsmall at 2" x 3", the photograph encased in acrylic and detailed with a polka dot border to match her dress.

I'm interested in creating custom pieces like this, and my thesis,  as a way to make the cash people happy. You know, pay off those student loans I piled up, while being creative, using my hands and making other people happy. I feel like that's a good life plan.

So look out in the future for a website (or at least an etsy)... and a name for these little buggers. I would love to hear your suggestions.

13 comments:

  1. captured art...or, memories squared...or, boxed buggers... ??? just some thoughts your so much more talented than me you will come up with something great, but if you dont im going to need a royalty check ;).jk luv ya, katie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha thanks for the ideas katie!

      Delete
  2. Girlfriend, if you want to resinate pictures for me, I will buy them. Well at least one. How much are you going to charge? Cause I would charge a lot.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. a million dollars. Actualllllly why do you think I've been asking you for James footprints lol Get them to me please. I'll facebook or email you more details but I wanted to use you as an example of what I can make, since you just birthed a human being.

      Delete
    2. So i only just saw this now, but i'm really excited!! You're the coolest. We need to hook up our scanner; i'll try and get it done soon.

      Delete
  3. My dad is getting married this summer....

    ReplyDelete
  4. I freaking looooooove this. So awesome.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks Holly! I love them too lol I was one of the only people that i know of that wasnt sick of their thesis work when they were done, I fell in love with mine and wanted to keep going!

      Delete
    2. I was going to just tell you a million things but I thought I should just email you lol

      Delete
  5. I agree that you and I should go into business....If I could get a sample from you I'd totally offer this to my clients =]

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. sounds good! i have to order more acrylic, I think I'm going to go through another supplier. I'll let you know! I also need to ask you questions about your website template and how that was all set up, I need to get mine going!

      and YOURE cute! <3 ya & see you this weekend!

      Delete
  6. And thanks for tagging me in your blog =] You're cute and I adore this.

    ReplyDelete

Dance. Your. Heart. Out.